Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bloggers' Bog, or Bloggers' Boost?

Nobody told me when I started blogging that it might become an addiction. That’s a popular word these days and it rarely means something good. Bog is not a good word either, but it goes with blog. I like alliteration. Since few people are addicted to reading my blogs, I feel free to ramble on about nothing in particular just to amuse myself.

I’m sitting at my new desk. It’s new only in the change of position I’ve given it. Now I’m not facing into the room but I have a couple of mirrors that enable me to see some of the room behind me as I type. One is a hand mirror I brought in specifically to capture the view of my little glass-top coffee table with three lit candles on it. They look so cheery with the red curtains keeping out the California sunshine. This way I’m not tempted to be drawn out to the patio.

Once I get this blog off my chest I’ll likely start my housekeeping chores. I am in love with my “Robatta” (see earlier chapter,) but she’s still a dream waiting to come true. I am my own robot these days. I cannot simply snap my fingers and order a robot around. Would that she could be like our cabin boy aboard ship. Never had to tell him what to do. And he always came when we were out, so that was an added perk. My robot, once I’ve bought her and trained her, could be quite invisible too. I’d provide a closet for her lined with mirrors and fresh books to read. Anything to keep her happy. I’d not like to come home and find her sipping coffee in my favorite chair! One shouldn’t become too friendly with the “help.” (The mere mention of that politically incorrect word sends up red flags of discontent in the future world. Can’t you just see it now? “Robotic Liberation!” Then “Robots for Domination,” then I’d be supporting “Human Liberation.” Oh, my! What will the future bring?)

Today I talked with my son, Wally, and his wife, Nancy, who live in Virginia. We are thinking of arranging a vacation in Williamsburg in April on my time share plan. Robin and Paul may come too. I seem to have got beyond my stay-at-home phobia and am raring to go, so long as it isn’t tomorrow. Feeling well again is making me new again.

Well, you see, you out there who bother to read my blogs, blogging might bog you down for a time, but I think I’ve just proved that it can also boost you up. So right now I’m re-naming this piece as you will see in its title. Hurray, Happy Fellow Bloggers!

3 comments:

  1. Oohh! My name in lights for the first time in a BLOG!! That was fun! You definitely should find "Bicentennial Man" and watch it with several other people. And when it's over,--discuss! There is a Robata in that movie too! It will get your brain bouncing Babushka! (And I mean that in the most complimentary manner!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to thinking alliteratively a little more and thought I'd make it, "brain bouncing beautiful Babushka!!" Any better?? :-) Love, WK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gramma! I loved your blog, especially:

    "I’d not like to come home and find her sipping coffee in my favorite chair!"

    You're so creative and fun and imaginative, and now I know where I get my awesome traits from, too! :) So just wanted to tell you, "Thanks!"

    XOXO
    Erin

    ReplyDelete